----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary Denton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: The American Political Landscape Today

> They even manufactured the term "partial-birth abortion" because
>it precisely evoked the disgust people feel about that. Much like they
come
>up with "Social Security privatization" and the "nuclear option on
>filibusters" but in those cases they tried to ban those words when they
quit
>testing well. The legislation did not mention "late-term abortions" it
>banned a procedure.

Which is a particular type of abortion that is almost always used in the
third trimester.  Why isn't partial-birth abortion descriptive?

>The procedure that was banned was used in only 0.004% of
>abortions is the United States. Yes my 0's are in the right place
according
>to the AMA.

There have been some arguement that statistics on this procedure are not
being kept very well.  My brother-in-law and sister are both in medicine,
and my sister talked about personally witnessing it at a small hospital she
was at.  As far as not being very available, that is only true if insurance
refuses to cover it....and it costs in the tens of thousands.  Otherwise,
market forces will always provide a supplier.

>Are you a doctor? Why do you want the government making medical decisions?

Because I don't think it's a medical decision.  You assume your conclusions
when you make that statement. You assume that a 2 week overdue infant is
not human, but an 8 week premature baby is. I don't think humans should be
killed. But, the point is not even that abortion is right or wrong.  It's
that Democrats are taking positions that are favored by only the most
liberal 10%-20% of the nation and holding fast to those positions. Setting
aside the debate of whether abortion should or should not be illeagal...the
Democratic party's position favoring the

Dan M.