On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:23:09 -0400, JDG wrote

> If the standard liberal Democratic position is to oppose every one
> of those restrictions on abortion, then isn't it true that they are
> defending all abortions from any legalized restriction?

I suppose it does.  But that is dramatically different from "defending
abortion."  One can defend the legality of abortion without endorsing it.  The
fact that something is wrong and undesirable, even horrible, cannot imply that
it must be made illegal. Otherwise, wouldn't we have to make war illegal, for
example?

Nick