JDG  wrote:

At 02:07 PM 5/24/2005 -0700, Dr. Brin wrote:
For example, that Bill Clinton's record was not just weirdly better -
by classic CONSERVATIVE values - but diametrically opposite to George
Bush's when it comes to:

Your list would be far more persuasive if you had some outside definition
of "classic conservative values", rather than just your say-so. Instead, it seems like you are defining "classic conservatism" as "political
positions favored by David Brin," which is wholly unconvincing.

And your answers would be far more persuasive if they weren't so full of desperate rationalizations.

The divisiveness and negativity of this administration are legion never has one man alienated so many people world wide.

But Dr. Brin hasn't even broached what I consider to be the worst offenses of the Bush administration; it's disdain for the Geneva Convention and human rights in general. Bush is a bit like the father that thinks that by whipping his children and locking them in a closet he can get them to do what he wants.

What goes around comes around. We'll be paying for the Bush administration's excesses long after he's nothing but a bad memory.

--
Doug

I got God on my side
I'm just trying to survive
What if what you do to survive
Kills the things you love
Fear's a powerful thing
It can turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
And fill it with devils and dust

from Springsteen's Devils and Dust