[Spoiler

space]

On Jul 20, 2005, at 5:16 PM, Matt Grimaldi wrote:
>> I'm thinking that he did have Dumbledore's
blessing.

Warren Ockrassa wrote:
> That's a damned astute observation. He was
> definitely delaying Draco, and I'd be very
> surprised if it were from *fear* that he
> was doing it.  He was waiting for someone
> to show up, and when Snape finally does,
> it's almost like he's egging him on.

I have a hunch that Draco's task was similar
to Snape's "original sin that he's trying to
atone for" backstory.  Anyway, Dumbledore prime
concern was definitely *not* trying to prolong
his own life in that scene, but rather trying
to protect both Harry and Draco.

As for Harry himself being one of the Horcruxes;
I had that idea too while reading this book,
but set it aside.  If his scar really was one
of those things, they would have made some effort
at removing it long ago.  I have a feeling that
the final "truth" about that scar will be much more
complicated, and probably will explain why Harry
has such difficulty with occulomancy (sp).

-- Matt