On Aug 31, 2005, at 11:40 PM, Dave Land wrote:

No, actually, a couple of generations later, a bunch of them turned up in Rome. Thankfully, that nice boy Nero did us all a favor by burning them as torches along his way and fed a bunch of 'em to lions. That sure shut them up, eh?

Shows what you know. They got involved in government, and their corruption quickly exposed them as being the opportunistic savages they were. Public outcry was strong enough that they were driven out of Rome to some Saracen stronghold. Istanbul, I think it was. That cleared up the problem forever.

Right?

Hey, I have a good idea. Let's felonize cheesecake. That'll curb cholesterol buildup in everyone.

--
Warren Ockrassa, Publisher/Editor, nightwares Books
http://books.nightwares.com/