On Dec 21, 2005, at 3:52 PM, Dan Minette wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Land" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

From: "The Fool" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Ineffiencies *are* the economy.  Perfect efficiencies would lead
to 0%
employment and complete economic collapse.

Ah, so that explains why the economy of the Soviet Union
outperformed the
US for so long. :-)

I venture that the problem with the Soviet economy was not simply a
matter of inefficiency. It may have had something to do with a small
cadre of power-hungry, greedy bastards who manipulated the system
for their benefit.

Actually, they didn't live rich, compared to a US millionaire at the time. The GDP of the Soviet Union went backwards during it's last 10 years or so.. Interviews after the war indicated that many in the upper echelons of
the Communist party still believed in their ideals.

Of course, I didn't say that they lived rich compared to anybody, but
that's how "I don't have a leg to stand on" arguments go, isn't it:
how's that straw man coming along?

I said:

It may have had something to do with a small cadre of power-hungry,
greedy bastards who manipulated the system for their benefit.

Sound familiar?

Dave