The Fool wrote:
>Teilhard de Chardin

Courtesy of the hearty recommendations of _Hyperion_ by all of you,
I actually know who this guy is!  :-)  The local library *finally*
had a copy of _Hyperion Cantos_, and I recently finished it.  While
the two Endymion books have gotten a trifle self-indulgent IMO,
_Hyperion_ and _Fall of Hyperion_ were excellent, and I thank the Brin
list for pointing me toward them.  Not to mention any number of other
tasty books!

Anyone feel like having, I dunno, and actual book discussion on this
here ostensibly SF literature list?  :)

Jim
Silly Optimist Maru