Doug,

I had no idea you were taking my 75% ratio literally.   Sorry about
that.

> With abortion in general you again focus on prohibiting them while
> the real problem in most cases is unwanted pregnancy.  If you
> reduce unwanted  pregnancy you will reduce the call for abortion.
> If you outlaw abortion
> in South Dakota, people will go to Minnesota to get one.  You
> haven't
> solved anything.

That's like saying that the problem isn't robbery, its that other
people have more stuff than me!    And like saying that if you
outlaw murder, people will still commit murders - you haven't solved
anything.

Sorry, but a societal recognition that human life begins at
conception, and a general prohibition on abortion will certainly
reduce the number of abortions from today's level.

> I've got to say, I admire your tenacity.  I barely have the time
> and/or  patience to keep up with you alone.  If I had two or three
> other people pounding on me, I’d probably give up.

Given how many people are dying, I sometimes wonder if I have any
other choice.  Or as the pro-choice Michael Kinsley recently put it:
 "sincere right-to-lifers deserve respect as that rarity in modern
American politics: a strong interest group defending the interest of
someone other than themselves."

Thanks for the compliment.

JDG