On 04/08/2006, at 1:56 PM, jdiebremse wrote:

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], Charlie Bell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"We assess that they possess CW bulk fills for SRBM warheads,
including for
a limited number of covertly stored Scuds, possibly a few with
extended
range."

Ah yes. The missiles. That I, and the British Army base I lived
near, were well in range of. The British Army base that is vital
for comms in the eastern Med. The British Army base that, um,
lowered its
security protocols and threat readiness in the months leading up
to the war... (the removal of anti-truck concrete blocks and
fortifications at the entrances a dead giveaway there).

Someone knew they weren't a threat.

Someone knew that Iraq didn't have trucks capable of hitting
Cyprus?   Really?

Ha ha.

The overall threat level was dropped. That includes standing down all alert states. In Gulf War 1, you couldn't get near the place. In Gulf War 2, you could drive through the base with no security checks at all. They were not worried about missile attacks, according to people I know on the base.

Charlie