On 8/4/06, Dan Minette <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No, but there is a very good reason to not go with your interpretation of
his remarks.  John and I have, repeatedly, quoted from the declassified
part
of the report.  Using the prevalent definition of WMD, these quotes
clearly
show that the report states that Iraq, in all likelihood, had WMD.

Bullshit, to be blunt.

But, your specific statement that I questioned was that everyone knew that
Iraq had no WMD

Bullshit again.  I never said that everyone knew Iraq had no WMDs.

Irrelevant.  The point is that it was not a foundation for saying that
> there were WMDs or there was an immediate threat.

But, it specifically stated that there were WMDs, as commonly defined.

Bullshit.  Show me one place in the published NIE where it says that Iraq
had WMDs.  It is not there. It says they had WMD programs and WMD efforts,
but nowhere, nowhere does it say that they had WMDs.  Nowhere.

Yet our leaders didn't tell us that they had programs and could develop
WMDs.  They told us that they had them and were ready to attack America with
their fleet of UAVs.  They told us we shouldn't be so sure that Iraq didn't
have nuclear weapons and that they were rebuilding their nuclear facilities,
despite intelligence that said *if* they restarted their program, it would
be years.

Come on.  The NIE paints a picture of Saddam wishing and hoping that he
could weaponize what he had and get other programs going again.  That's not
a guy with WMDs, that's a guy with aspirations.  No question that he used
them in the past and was doing all sorts of bad stuff.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]