On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:24 AM, Gibson Jonathan wrote:

On Sep 11, 2006, at 9:51 AM, Alberto Monteiro wrote:

Jonathan Gibson wrote:

Because the USA may be the target of nuclear terrorism. OTOH,
nuclear terrorists might explode a bomb anywhere they can, just
to show they have it.

OK.
How does this make any difference? We faced nuclear megadeath
of enormous proportions for decades w/o erosion of our rights -
well, actually we have, but that's another topic - or, at least
the ones we curtailed are a "comfortable pain" we are already
long familiar with.

Nuclear Islamic Terrorism is far more dangerous than Nuclear
Communism. They had something to lose, while the islamic fanatics
don't - not even if the retaliation would reduce every sacred
islamic place to radioactive dust.

Nonesense. Why do the puppetmasters pushing suicide bombers have less to lose than the soviet aparatchniks did?

They've got followers who believe they will live forever in "paradise" with 72 maidens ready to attend to all their needs, for one.

The Sovs weren't being motivated by a desire to find eternal bliss; they just wanted to take over the world. They had a vested interest in remaining on this planet in their bodies. The radical Islamics, like any other group of right-wing ultra-religious idiots, do not.

Engage them. Infiltrate and subvert with hugs and kisses that win over their people as you disarm their installations. It's a patience game. One this administration is congenitally unable to process. It doesn't fit the branding they've pushed lately as uber-macho.
When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

It's not just shortsightedness; there's a clear power struggle going on here. One has to wonder why secrecy is so damned important to the administration … and the more one wonders, the less one likes the conclusions.

--
Warren Ockrassa
Blog  | http://indigestible.nightwares.com/