On Oct 4, 2006, at 8:30 AM, Nick Arnett wrote:

On 10/4/06, jdiebremse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

So, that would mean voting against the people who are campaigning on the fear that their opponents will take away a woman's right to choose, end
Social Security and Medicare, send all our jobs to India, and put
minorities back on plantations?   ;-)

Isn't there a difference between fear for personal safety and fear about
principles?

When Dems engage in fearmongering, they're no better. When they insist
that this country live up to its reputation, which includes both rugged
individualism and taking care of each other, they're a damn sight
better, to my tastes.

I'd be an independent voter if it didn't mean basically giving up my
franchise.

Dave