Charlie Bell wrote:
> On 24/01/2007, at 2:51 PM, Doug wrote:
>

>> Any feeling of privacy we might get by not having an archive is a
>> facade; email is not a very private medium.
>>
>> We've almost always been publicly archived here and I can't think
>> of any problems the list or anyone subscribed to it has encountered
>> as a result.  I'm curious what sort of problems do you anticipate?
>
> It's pretty commonplace these days for companies to google
> applicants.

Yes, it is, and don't ever put enough details of an interview and how
you feel about it on-line in a public post in something connected with
your real name, or the interviewer may find it.

http://hzatz.livejournal.com/24007.html

And with only the information that the interviewer found it by Googling,
some enterprising person who doesn't know your name, but knows enough
other information about the situation (company name, interviewer's name)
can Google, find you, and post embarassing comments about you elsewhere.

I have friends on livejournal who don't have their real name directly
connected with their LJs, but who never, ever, ever refer to their
employer, or any company they interview with, by name.  Period.  Not
even in private entries.  It's a fairly sensible practice.

        Julia