> Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Deborah Harrell wrote:

<snippage>
> > ...after all, horses are far more likely
> > to appear in fantasies than good SF!  Except, of
> > course, for the Jijo horse aunties and dear Tycho
> > of Garth.

> Some of Elizabeth Moon's space opera stuff has
> horses....

I have *got* to do more reading...I now belong to two
book clubs, though, so I've a little less 'free
literature' time.  One just finished _The Milagro
Beanfield War_ (old, but picked by Denver's mayor as
the book in a city-wide literacy program...the writing
is dated, but the issues are sadly still relevent),
and I've started the next, a mini-biography of 6
Denver women from the turn of the century (um, 1900,
not 2000 <grin>).

Debbi
who actually got a teeny nose sunburn from being
outside all weekend!