Max Battcher wrote:
> On 5/9/07, jon louis mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> So what about all of the packages — and people —
>> that (in the words of the commercial)
>> "absolutely, positively, have to be there by 9 AM"?
>> -- Ronn!  :)
>>
>> for the present, those people have to be satisfied,
>> but some day, in the not too distant furure, it will
>> no longer be realistic to ship freight all over the
>> world to meet deadlines,
>> -- jlm
>
> I think there's a place for high deadline freight/passenger travel...
> but I think that so often in our culture we are forgetting that there
> is just as much a place as "leisurely" travel, and that if there is no
> reason for it to be there next day, why pay for "next day air".  Our
> culture is quagmired in this "do it yesterday" hustle and bustle and
> sometimes we forget to take our time to even enjoy our meals...

1)  I plan ahead.  If I know it has to be there by Friday, I do
something about sending it no later than Tuesday.  If it's big, I try to
get it sent off at least a week in advance.  It gets there when it needs to.

2)  Leisurely travel is nice.

3)  Leisurely meals with good company are *very* nice.  I'm the sort
that will be the last one kicked out of the restaurant if I'm in a
situation where I can get away with it, and at least one other person is
willing to stay until a minute before I get kicked out.  :)

        Julia