On 28 Jul 2007, at 01:01, Nick Arnett wrote:

> On 7/27/07, Dave Land <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> The Bible may very well be a human product that tells us what certain
>> groups of very, very opinionated people thought about God, but I
>> believe it tells us only a little about what God may think.
>

> The idea that we can think as God does is hubris...  As you say, if
> it even
> makes sense to talk about it, God's ideas are too big to fit in my
> little
> head, I find it helpful to believe.  Helpful because it tends to
> keep me
> from acting as if I am God and able to control everything, as if I
> knew how
> things should be.

Then what's the point of religion? Let's follow Wittgenstein and be
silent on the stuff we can't speak about.

If it doesn't make any sense then what's the sense Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without
bricks tied to its head.