>> speaking as an atheist, it behooves me to engage in dialog about
>> religion so i can learn more of what i do not know...
>> jonsan

  There's nothing to learn.

If you're trying to persuade someone to abandon their beliefs, having some
sort of understanding as to just what it is they believe helps....

Julia

  i enjoy dialogue about religion and politics, but i have no expectation of
changing anyone's belief.  i don't think it is possible to persuade someone to
believe or not believe, that is something one comes to on their own.  even as a
child and brainwashed in catholic school i had doubts.  conversions occur in
both states of mind, but i believe that any person comes to either path based
on their own predilictions.
  jonsan

Knowledge is Power