On Jul 27, 2007, at 3:38 PM, Mauro Diotallevi wrote:

> On 7/27/07, jon louis mann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> i believe in the "big bang" theory of creation, and
>> the "laws of thermodynamics".
>
> As do many religious folk.  Many Christians will tell you that the
> book of
> Genesis is all metaphor.  Some even believe that the entire
> Christian Bible
> is metaphor.  But very useful metaphor.  Unitarian Universalists
> would be
> the extreme example.

Amen, Brother!

I am very nearly one of those Christians.

The Bible may very well be a human product that tells us what certain
groups of very, very opinionated people thought about God, but I
believe it tells us only a little about what God may think.

If, in fact, God exists and is sentient in any fashion that we would
recognize.

Dave