> Alberto Monteiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Deborah Harrell wrote:
<snip>

> > and what about _Planet of the Apes_?

> This is not Uplift, this is time-travel paradox. The
> apes become intelligent because they inherit from
> Caesar,
> and Caeser is intelligent because his parents com
> from
> the future where chimpanzees are intelligent.

<frowns> I thought there was something about a virus
that wiped out dogs and cats, and chimps were tinkered
with gene-wise, which is why Caesar's parents were
smart?  But that might have been in one of the movies,
not the original book...

> [ok, but what about gorillas and orangutans?]

<grin>  Some pesky gene-transfering virus, of course!

Debbi
You Lift Me Up Maru   :)