>So I take it you don't think this was genocide?
>Martin

I didn't say that it wasn't genocide, I was questioning what good could
possibly come from making this declaration 90 years after the fact -
especially if it's going to piss off an allied nation that is clearly a
different regime.

As someone else mentioned, at what point do you draw the line?  Another
country could declare the dropping of the atomic bombs during World War II
as genocide or declare that Truman is a war criminal for ordering the bombs.
Someone else could declare the US treatment of Native Americans as attempted
genocide, or declare that the US allowed and encouraged slavery.

Even if it WAS genocide, the question still remains: what good comes from
making that declaration 90 years after the fact?  How does that improve the
world today?

Gary