On 10/15/07, Gary Nunn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >So I take it you don't think this was genocide?
>
> I didn't say that it wasn't genocide, I was questioning what good could
> possibly come from making this declaration 90 years after the fact -

 It's true, you were doing this. However your language also seemed
very dismissive of an event that everyone except Turkey regards as
genocide: "I don't understand what good could possibly come from
passing a resolution labeling this WW1 issue as "genocide"." The
Holocaust is a WW2 issue but most people would regard that as genocide
and, moreover, think that Germany is a better place for having
recognised this rather than denied it.

 Martin