On Dec 6, 2007 3:31 AM, William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's another reason religion is evil. People with faith will tie
> themselves in knots to avoid confronting information that conflicts
> with their beliefs.

But thank goodness that people with scientific beliefs never have any
trouble confronting information that conflicts with their beliefs.   If
scientists weren't so open-minded and willing to abandon old theories in a
flash, science would hardly move forward at all!

Please excuse the sarcasm... but there are benefits of the existence of
conservatives in faith, science and other endeavors.  Even though I'm not
one of them in most domains, I can see the value.  And you, William, seem to
be a radically conservative atheist, apparently utterly unwilling to
confront any ideas that would conflict with your belief.

Nick

--
Nick Arnett
[EMAIL PROTECTED]