On 6 Dec 2007, at 16:58, Nick Arnett wrote:

> On Dec 6, 2007 8:35 AM, William T Goodall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>

>> People cursed with faith do, but I don't. My beliefs are what the
>> evidence and logic lead me to.
>

> Haven't you seen, in science fiction, what happens when intelligent
> computers and robots operate entirely on evidence and logic?

Made up stories aren't actually evidence you know. Oh! Of course you
don't know because you think made up stories in religious books are
evidence.

> Did I miss the memorial service for your emotions, or should we be
> planning
> one?  ;-)
>

>> Creeds, dogma, holy texts, Papal infallibility, God revealing the
>> Qur'an to Muhammad - this is all extremely close-minded and not open
>> to discussion. You either accept it or you're not part of that
>> religion. There is no open-mindedness there. Try having an open-
>> minded
>> discussion with a Muslim about whether Muhammad might not have been
>> the last prophet, or a Catholic about that 'every sperm is sacred'
>> gibberish.
>

> You're just wrong.  You're basing this on the false idea that
> everybody is
> conservative.  They are not.  For example, you are entirely welcome
> in my
> church and many others.  The only requirement for entrance is to
> walk in the
> door... and we'll lend a hand with that if you need it.  And you can
> keep
> coming back without subscribing to any of our beliefs.

Would it make you happy if I added the occasional (almost all) here
and there?

> Try having an open-minded discussion about faith with an extremist
> atheist.... ;-)
>
> Nick

I've never met an extremist atheist. They're all moderate and
reasonable like me.

Almost all religion is evil Maru

--
William T Goodall
Mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Two years from now, spam will be solved." - Bill Gates, 2004