----- Original Message -----
From: "Charlie Bell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Killer Bs (David Brin et al) Discussion" <brin-l@mccmedia.com>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 7:09 PM
Subject: Re: junk science

>> Starvation (drought, a colder Europe if the Atlantic Conveyor fails,
>> and reduced farmland), and disease (malaria could easily jump back
>> over the Mediterranean and reinvade Europe as the summers get warmer
>> and wetter...).

You were watching SBS too last night I take it?

I missed part of the documentry, but I thought warming is historically
followed by increased glaciation.  Sea levels may end up dropping not
rising, and malaria might fall back towards the equator.

All the more reason to worry about things that we know are going to be
problems and not things that might cause problems.

I agree that sustainable development is a with out a doubt a very good
thing, but I still don't think that global warming is the main reason it
should be pursued.

Regards,

Wayne.