At 03:45 AM Monday 4/21/2008, Wayne Eddy wrote:

> [...]

Or more likely the "have nots" who don't see any other way of
improving their lot attacking the "haves," or simply fighting each
other over scarce resources, as is common in "less-developed" nations
and the inner cities of "more-developed" ones.

>  but I can't see how it can
>exacerbate overpopulation, unless you think people are more likely to have
>sex in warm weather.

Perhaps what he is suggesting is not so much that it would lead to
greater increases in total population but that it could lead to more
crowding if people are forced to leave areas where they and
generations of their ancestors have lived and move to areas where
other people are already living.

>How do you expect that Global Warming will eventually reduce population?
>Tidal surges into low lying areas or via famine resulting from a reduction
>in arable land?

Or disease, or war have been suggested.  (With the existence of
biological agents which can be cooked up at home, the two may not be
that different . . . )

. . . ronn!  :)