> > your manner of personal attacks.  i don't know
> anything about you so
> > i base my impression of you on what you say
> on-line...
> > Jon

> I haven't attacked anyone.
> William T Goodall

what do you call:
> That's the kind of hair-splitting sophistry I'd
> expect from a
> supporter of baby-killing religion.
> Unmixed words Mari
> William T Goodall

it is true much of religion is evil, and promotes lies and superstition, but
some good is also done in the name of religion. more so in Judaism, and less so
in Islam and Christianity.  some of the eastern religions are more mystical
than supernatural.  as for morality, i have to agree with Alberto that some
horrible deeds have been committed by atheists.  Tibet is being forcibly
modernized and brought into the 21st century, Buddhist monks are being
slaughtered in the myanmar, etc.  i don't know which is the greatest evil, but
i agree with nick that there is room for compassion.  i myself am guilty of
baby killing a couple times when i paid for abortions.  i have mixed feelings
about that...
jon