On 05/08/2008, at 9:50 AM, Jon Louis Mann wrote:
> i sit corrected, "in the name of atheism".  as a devout atheist i
> believe there ain't no gawd, but i can't prove it, so i take it on
> faith.  i believe the universe is cyclical and the big bang occurs
> when all the galaxies in the universe are sucked into super black
> holes which are then sucked into a super duper black hole at the
> center of this universe, which then explodes it reaches critical
> mass, so that the process of expansion, contraction and the heat
> death of the universe starts all over, again.
> jon

Difference between belief and conviction. I don't "believe there's no
god". I think on balance there probably isn't. God is in the same
class as fairies, Santa, goblins, bigfoot, nessie, chi and
reflexology. No faith required to not believe in them, as I don't
really "believe" (even in Not God).

Charlie.