On Tue, 16 Sep 2008, Jon Louis Mann wrote:

>>> I said that we can't feed the world and dispense with
>>> agribusiness, but i hope we can dispense make food production more
>>> productive and less destructive to habitats.  we are approaching 7
>>> billion people and little sign of reaching zpg.
>
>> So what selection criteria do you suggest be used?  And again, are
>> you volunteering to be first?
>
> First for what; are you suggesting that it's all my fault and I should
> commit suicide?  I've used birth control all my life, but it was the
> woman's choice when accidents happened.  I took responsibility and
> married both of them.  Eventually the world's population will stabilize
> but conspicuous consumption continues to increase.  I don't know if
> humans will learn to control their materialistic greed and adopt
> sustainable lifestyles...
> Jon

If you don't want to father a child but you want to have sexual
intercourse with a woman, a vasectomy is a really great line of defense
there.

(A number of the guys that I know who have decided hey, they really don't
want to father children, or don't want to father any *more* children, have
had vasectomies.  I can give the names of 2 docs in the North Austin/Round
Rock area that do a good job with vasectomies, and could probably come up
with 4 more names in the Greater Austin area within 48 hours.)

        Julia