Alberto Monteiro wrote:
> John Williams wrote:
>>> Um... that's the plot of the book.  She's a sexbot designed
>>> for having sex with humans but there aren't any humans left
>>> to have sex with...
>> Now I'm wondering what happened to all the humans. I'll definitely
>> have to check it out now.
>>
> Since I didn't read it, I don't spoil it...
>
> Of course humans went extinct. As soon as sexbots exist, human
> will prefer to have sex with bots instead of other humans,
> and then sex does not create new life - extinction.

The Gospel According to Futurama has a classic documentary entitled
"Don't Date Robots!" in the episode:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Dated_a_Robot

It tells the plight of Billy Everyteen in the world of sexbots.  This
seems to be a borrowed copy of the documentary (didn't load for me):

http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/48647/detail/

--
--Max Battcher--
http://worldmaker.net

One of many topics that are explained/foretold in the canon of Futurama Maru