On 13/07/2009, at 10:13 AM, Dan M wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: brin-l-boun...@mccmedia.com [mailto:brin-l- boun...@mccmedia.com] On
Behalf Of Charlie Bell

None, once it's out there. IIRC, it's a small wind turbine that cools
collectors in it, and desert air is often humid even if it doesn't
rain much.

If the collectors are cooled, there _has to be_ a source of energy that is being used. If not, then we've just found an exception to the 2nd law of
thermodynamics.

Read it again properly, and don't treat me like a first grader.

It's a WIND TURBINE. I said it was a wind turbine in my original post. No external source of energy. Self contained. OK if you want to be super pedantic you can say wind or light is the external source of energy, but to me that means energy that has to be transported to site like fuel or power lines.

You can work out how powerful the wind turbine component needs to be to condense 10l/hr if that's an exercise you want to do, but the unit, as I said, requires no energy to run once it's installed.

Charlie.