kananda...@aol.com wrote:
  >     One recent read question (blending threads)- finally tried my first
>     Pratchett book- Night Watch.  I found it to be "lighter" and a good
>     brain break, but I am not sure if there is any particular "order" to
>     things.  Is there another book related to Vetinari?

Pratchett's main characters can be grouped into various "mini-series" of books.
 For example, the Night Watch books are _Guards! Guards!_, _Men At Arms_, _Feet
of Clay_, etc.  I've read all of Pratchett's Discworld books, so I'd be happy
to answer any questions you have. I can tell you there aren't many
Vetinari-centric books.  _Jingo_ is probably the one outside of _The Night
Watch_ that gives him the most screen time, followed probably by _Men At Arms_.

And while Pratchett might be lighter reading, he's got a lot to say about the
human condition.  He just wraps it in humor.

Jim