The Fool wrote:

> > From: Julia Thompson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > get

> > > design?
> > >
> > > Minesweeper.
> > > Winamp 2.x
> > > Visual Studio.
> > > Notepad.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > I'm curious -- have you used PE2 or Kedit?  Do you have an opinion of
>
> Nope.
>
> Notpad or Visual Studio provide all my text editing needs.  Notepad is
> simple and clean and can open any file of any size.
>
> > the UI of either of them?  (I prefer Kedit to Notepad, myself.  But
> that
> > could be familiarity and knowing how to do what I want to with keyboard
> > commands, rather than mouse input.  I prefer the use of keyboard to the
> > use of mouse.)
>
> All microsoft products use the same keyboard shortcuts.
>
> FREX
>
> cut   = ctrl-del
> copy  = shift-ins
> paste = ctrl-ins
> del   = del
> help  = f1
> etc.

OK, how do I mark lines 9-50 for whatever function I may want to do with
them once they're marked?

How do I indent lines 9-50 by one tab space?

(Kedit has been able to open any file of any size I've tried so far.
And there are macros set up for me to mark lines 9-50, then indent them
by however many tabs' worth I want, etc.)

        Julia