From: Cahill,Maria
Subject: [BD] Nutrition at tournaments - some thoughts
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 07:52:04 -0700

Folks, below a message I recently sent to Stig regarding the addition of a
'food options' category to his minimum tournament requirements. He has
agreed to add it but I thought I might spark a debate because I'm not sure
it's something ultimate players give enough thought to. I would like to
stress that I am not having a go at Soton or Daventry TDs as I believe up
till now ultimate players have accepted fried food as quite often being the
only option at tournaments and so the TDs could not have been expected to
provide anything different.

I am not saying that fried stuff should no longer be sold... only that more
healthy stuff ought also to be on offer. Mixed Tour 3 in Bakewell was a
pretty good example of how to cater for everyone. There were Si Weeks' by
now world renowned 'Build your own sandwiches', muesli bars, isotonic
drinks, dried fruit and nuts, as well as choc bars, crisps, biscuits etc.

Apologies in advance to all slimfast members...
Comments please....

Alex Campbell
ISVR - University of Southampton