From: "Wayne Retter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Britdisc (E-mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 8:49 PM
Subject: Re: [BD] Tour 3

> Larger, fitter, better disciplined, teams will reduce the levels of
fatigue
> and risk of injury.
>
> EU(C)C and WU(C)C tournaments insists that teams have a minimum of 12
> players rostered for every game a team plays (though I'm unsure whether
> they're supposed to be "fit to play", or just "rostered"!)
>
> Somewhere or other (maybe it was just the Layout Dreams tournament
> invites/websites...), it used to be recommended that teams have at least
12
> healthy players to enter a Tour tournament.
>
> In a recent discussion at BritOpen with a US player, he expressed his
shock
> that teams were saying "We've already got 14 players, which is plenty". in
> the US, "We've got 14" often translates to "find another 7 players!". Then
> again, they play harder, and rarely do players play more than 2 points in
> row.
>
> Wayne
>
> ---
> Wayne Retter
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

didn't
> >actually forfeit our last game, we probably should have done.
> >
> >Ultimate is unlike other sports in that you play a whole tournament over
> >weekend. The sport has grown to a point where teams in the Tour are now
> >playing 6 hard games against teams of similar ability to themselves.
> >Although this is excellent because of the increase in competitiveness,
> there
> >is also a point where the physical demand on the players can become
> >dangerous. It would be ridiculous to penalize a team that decided it was
> >unfit to play. Instead we have to accept that sometimes this happens,
> that's
> >just how this sport is.
> >
> >Jack
> >Plastic Factory
> >

> >> Yes, I'm ranting again.
> >>
> >> But first, thanks to Alex and everyone for a great tour. The
organisation
> >> was excellent, considering the late changes. First class pitches. I
don't
> >> mind travelling hundreds of miles for that sort of venue.
> >>
> >> Rant 1:
> >> Are Chevy South going to refund some of the tournament fee paid by the
> >teams
> >> they couldn't be arsed to play? BAF and BPF(?) paid for six games, and
> >> except because of injury or other unforeseen problems, they're entitled
> >> them. Put the toys back in the pram boys, and have a word with
> yourselves.
> >>
> >> Rant 2:
> >> Are the GB Women now to be called the England women since they can't be
> >> arsed to cross the border for tour 4?
> >>
> >> Rant 3:
> >> Whilst we enjoyed the game against Paddy Murphy (lovely bunch of lads,
> >> although the blonde triplets were confusing) it sets a pretty poor
> >precedent
> >> that Janitors were allowed to mess about with the seeding in this way.
> You
> >> surely can't do that sort of thing without asking all the other teams
it
> >> affects. It's reasonable to have a Captain's Agreement to change the
> rules
> >> of a game, but not the rules of a tournament.
> >>
> >> Right, is there anyone on britdisc I haven't been rude to yet?
> >>
> >> Benji
> >> STD_Ultimate

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the e-mail
address to which it was addressed, or in the case of an incorrectly addressed e-mail
message, the intended recipient. No-one else may copy, use, disseminate or forward all
or any part of it in any form.

Although this email, including any attachments, is believed to be free of any virus,
or other defect which might affect any computer or IT system into which it is received
and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free,
and no responsibility is accepted for any loss or damage arising in any way from its
use.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and not necessarily the
employees company.

If you receive this e-mail in error please accept our apology.  If this is the case we
would be obliged if you would contact the sender and then delete the e-mail.