Just to be controversial, Why not think about reducing the number of
tour events anyway, in both tours, from 4 to 3.

Here are some reasons why.

Currently we have 5 major open tours a year (including nationals).

We also have 5 mixed tournaments a year (including nationals)

Added to that some teams play in the champions league 3 events

An international tournament 1 week or 2 weekends

That's 15 weekends of ultimate packed into our very short summer. This
leaves very little time for other tournaments (fun, international) to
fit themselves into a packed schedule. It also means we have to play a
tour in April which has led to some questionable conditions over recent
years. Finally there's no space for real life, holidays, or the other
stuff that players do when they are not playing ultimate.

It was also observed by some people at Worlds in Finland that the GB
teams were all very tired. And I'm not just talking physically. What we
can say, with some certainty, is that they didn't produce we they were
capable of.

Could this mental exhaustion be put down to the continued onslaught of
tournaments, both winter and summer?

Would three tours plus nationals be a bad thing? What would we actually
lose? What would we gain? The Tour was exstablished in the days when
there weren't so many tournaments and the tour it's self wasn't so
tough, is it time it adapted to the changes?

Go on have your say even if you don't usually post.

I'm aware that this is a very open centric email and I'd be interested
in a female opinion.

Discuss.

Tom
Flyght Club #1