Just to be controversial, Why not think about reducing the number of
tour events anyway, in both tours, from 4 to 3.

I don't want to see less tours. The only tournaments Abstract play are the tours and nationals - we all play for our student teams the rest of the time, and the expense of getting down to fun tournaments makes it hard to raise a team for those.

I love fun and international tournaments (see you in Grenoble?), but I don't think we should reduce the tours to accommodate them - the tours are the highest level of ultimate we play, and less competitive tournaments are hardly likely to be better preparation for our national squads.

As for the fact that tour one falls in april, well, that's not insoluble. Staring later and having three weeks (instead of a month) between each tour is not impossible, it's just that we need to get the calendar organised more quickly (don't panic, Chris Huge, I'm not having a go). This year we had tours two and three within a fortnight, and it really wasn't the end of the world.

I've never played the mixed tour yet, so I don't have an opinion on how many of those there should be, but I vote for sticking with five UKUA Open tournaments.

Benji
Abstract #12
My opinions etc...