Dear BD,

As a sport plagued by the image of not being a real sport as we self-referee, I do not understand why at major events in the UK, such as all Tour events, Nationals etc, that from the Quaters or Semis upwards we do not have designated observers as is custom in the UPA?

Would this small addition to high level match play not only further legitimize Ultimate in the UK? Furthermore, would it not also provide a more profession game while maintaining the current spirited ethos of the sport?

Just as clarification, I am thinking of one observer per sideline and only coming into play to verify close line calls and in disputes when an agreement cannot be reached by the players concerned(in the time period specified by UKUA regulations).

Just a thought.  Looking forward to hearing what other think.

Euro
(Rich Hall)