Hi, sorry to ask a stupid question but what's with all the messages
consisting solely of a smilie?  It's pretty annoying to have half of your
inbox composed of the same people repeating the same message.  If this
posting actually has some purpose then please enlighten me.
Thanks
James

James, the smiles are all sent by a virus. As far as I can work out, the virus isn't in the individual computers, but in the e-mail list server - messages appear even when the alleged sender is not connected to the internet; so don't blame the poor folk whose addresses are being used. I'm sure our esteemed moderator (or the people at near.me.uk) is/are working on it, and something will be sorted out. Nothing the likes of me and you can do about it except keep on hitting delete.

Benji