It's a computer virus (well, worm to be precise). One of the Bagle variants that has
been around since the start of summer. The machines of Tom Candlin, Beccy Forth,
Richard Sampson and others are all infected. There's normally an attachment sent with
the file, but that (fortunately) is being stripped out by near.me.uk

If you think your machine is infected (and the 4 that keep on generating those smiley
emails definitely are), visit http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/bagle_at.shtml
Alternatively, get AVG installed (http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/1/)

Those machines are trying to propogate the virus by sending out random emails to
people in their address books and any other text files that contain email addresses,
but emails are often sent with delays so they can appear when the machines appear to
be off. Don't hold your breath waiting for near.me.uk to solve this one - they have
done well to trap the attachment, but this has been going on for months.

Kev.
---