That's 1 year left over then - any one good at presenting a pitch? My
family know Seb Coe so I could speak to them to see what they think!

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Dave Povey
Sent: 07 July 2005 12:51
To: Ewen Buckling; britdisc@near.me.uk
Subject: RE: [BD] 2012

Following on from this the below link outlines some of the rules and the
process to become an Olympic sport. In brief it says the process needs
to take place a minimum of 6 years before a scheduled Olympic Games

http://www.topendsports.com/events/discontinued/accepted.htm

Dave Povey
Haze and EMO

Ewen Buckling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
actually cricket was an olympic sport in 1900. great britain beat france
for the gold.

not been held since though. apparently croquet was held that year too!

http://www.topendsports.com/events/discontinued/list.htm

also has a list of the various demonstration sports that have appeared
at the olympics which i'm assuming is what we would be campaigning for.