The money doesn't have to be associated with WINNING, it can be associated with
PLAYING THE GAME... i.e. sponsors could contribute money to the UKUA/TDs, which
could be used to bring down entry fees for teams/players, rather than as a
prize pot.

Sure, for the larger teams, £10 player fee each for a weekend seems minimal,
but what if you DIDN'T have to pay to play...

Why? because "Food & Drink Corp." paid enough money to cover hiring the fields,
etc.
Why? for the privilege of having banners bearing their name appearing in the
background of all our photos/footage, where the players and spectators are all
using their product(s), and the association with a 'cool' sport (believe me,
potential sponsors in the UK are MAJORLY keen on being associated with the
'self-regulatory' and 'SOTG' factors of Ultimate).

If it works out right, UK Ultimate players may be able to reduce their personal
expenses on kit... team sponsors would pay for it!!!

It'll never happen?
 The PepsiMax exhibition days weren't a far cry...
 Powerade at Rimini...
 Eastpak at Rimini...
 Gaia and VC tournament sponsorship (mostly in N.America, but expanding)

If we don't present our sport properly (especially at the top end, where the
sponsors and public are most likely to notice it!) we'll miss the chance to
ever find out.

Wrecker

PS: I'm aware that my team was one that didn't manage matching kit for all our
players. I just don't know why it happened!