> On Jun 1, 2016, at 5:30 PM, Slagell, Adam J <slag...@illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> These are variants of #1, which I now substitute with bro-pkg

Related to “pkg” or “package” naming: if that terminology gets used, what would
be done about the classic/existing usage of the term “package” within Bro?

“Package” is currently used to refer to any collection of Bro scripts within a
common directory.  Just scripts, nothing else.  Meaning a “package”, as it
exists now, isn’t something that the new "package manager” would know how to
deal with.

I don’t think it’s a good idea to let the term be overloaded in the
documentation and possibly internal naming conventions in Bro code.  Not that
it can’t be changed, but just wondering if it’s already been decided that
making those changes would not be a big deal.

- Jon