Mikhail Karpov, le jeu. 08 oct. 2026 08:26:45 +0700, a ecrit:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2026 01:49:05  Samuel Thibault wrote:
> 
> > > > Also, ls -l /dev/zero returns
> > > >
> > > > ls: reading directory '/dev/zero': Not a directory
> > > >
> > > > I guess it should be fixed into not showing the directory type when
> > > > there is not partition table.
> > >
> > > We can override netfs_S_io_stat and return the desired mode when
> > > netfs_root_node is accessed.  We need to override this function because
> > > modifying netfs_root_node->nn_stat.st_mode directly is not allowed, as
> it
> > > leads to errors.
> >
> > Which errors?
> 
> I can't say for sure, because the system wouldn't boot at all.  I assume
> that
> for translators based on the libnetfs library, it is critical that
> netfs_root_node->nn_stat.st_mode always be S_IFDIR rather than any other
> mode.  Therefore, we can simply return a different root_node_mode until the
> disk partitions are created (assuming it is indeed a partitioned disk); once
> they are created, we can switch the root_node_mode from S_IFCHR or S_IFBLK
> to
> S_IFDIR.

Ok, thanks for the explanation, I have applied it!

Samuel

Reply via email to