Hi Denys !

On 01-03-2013 15:51 Denys Vlasenko <vda.li...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>Please understand my position.

>Maintaining three copies of LZMA (de)compressors with
>virtually identical performance would be a mistake.

You are still right, but there is one big difference: lzip has a
compressor in Busybox not only a decompressor. lzma and xz are only
decompressors and it is handy to have same available in cases where you
hit one of those files and you do not have access to the full package.
Beside this I prefer lzip due to its full implementation in Busybox ...
or are you going to add an xz compressor in Busybox?

And in addition, if you do not like to have all those decompressors in
your Busybox binary, you can disable your dislikes in the config. There
are people who like to have a full compressor/decompressor in Busybox,
performing better than gzip/bzip2.

--
Harald