Actually, I didn't come to the list to ask for the feature.  Someone else
came here to ask for it; I just seconded this person.  You, much like
Harald, are blaming the deficiencies of your design decisions on your
users.  The haughty attitude, from our standpoint, comes from you, not from
us.  To start with, we don't design the tools; we are in the business of
designing hardware, writing device drivers, contributing to the Linux
kernel and getting Linux up and running on our hardware; then, we customize
the embedded Linux distro until everything is sane.  Then we add features
that we know our customers want.  It is this last part that you're missing
the point of.  We pick the sane tools, and configure them properly.  When a
tool isn't sane, we find an alternative that is.  That's why I have now
chosen to use the normal ntpd over the busybox implementation.

Mike Dean

md...@emacinc.com
http://www.emacinc.com/

Engineer