Xabier Oneca -- xOneca wrote:
Hello again,

Hello list,

I want to highlight what GNU coreutils' help docs (info coreutils
'false invocation') says about false when invoked with --help:

Note that `false' (unlike all other programs documented herein)
exits unsuccessfully, even when invoked with `--help' or `--version'.

I think Busybox should do the same with the applet.
And I want to add that --help will only be used ever in an interactive
shell by a person, so the return value may be dispensable. (i.e.
doesn't mind to the user how does --help return as soon as the help
text is printed in screen)
Actually this is the argument to leave it as it is, because nobody cares about the return value of "false --help".

It might be nice if "false --help" would return false, but it would add extra code to busybox for no real benefit.