Xabier Oneca -- xOneca wrote:
>> And I want to add that --help will only be used ever in an interactive

>> shell by a person, so the return value may be dispensable. (i.e.
>> doesn't mind to the user how does --help return as soon as the help
>> text is printed in screen)
>
> Actually this is the argument to leave it as it is, because nobody cares about the return value of "false --help".

What I was trying to say is that if a script appends --help to /bin/false because of a poorly sanitized user input, it should still return 1. And this change in behaviour wont not break any script nor user interaction with the applet. (Maybe even fixes some scripts!)

Do you have an example of any real word script that passes any arguments (user supplied or not) to /bin/false ?