On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 17:56:59 +0000
Isaac Dunham <ibid...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, a comment or two on design of mdev -i and the netlink listener:
> I really *would* like there to be a timeout of some sort; in my
> experience, 1 second may be rather short, and 5 seconds is usually
> ample.

Just one more comment on the default time-out value.

The idea was to reduce the number of forks not completely remove them.
We want make each burst (many evenst within short time) go via
pipe, while we allow the less frequent use fork.

If there are a long delay due to slow devices like USB1 etc, then the
handler will exit for a while and once the delayed event comes back,
the handler will just auto respawn. We will never have more than one
fork per second though.

We don't even need to let it be configurable unless we think that one
fork per second is too many forks.

-nc