On 3/12/2015 6:58 AM, Alexis Guilloteau wrote:
I am Trying to install busybox on an Embedded arm system. Sadly this one
can't use sudo/make/apt-get so i can't directly install the busybox on it.
I have cross-compiled the busybox for my system but since this is on a
computer and not the target system i wanted to "make install" in a
custom directory in order to copy/paste the files in a clean root
which i woudl transfert later.
I tried make install DESTDIR= and make install --prefix= but no command
are sending the file to my custom directory. Is there a way to do it ?

When you just type 'make install' in the BusyBox source directory, it creates a folder called '_install' with the contents of what you would put in the root of a working system. Just do 'make install', then 'cd _install', then you can create a tarball with i.e.

tar -c * | gzip -9 > busybox_1.23.1_arm.tar.gz

You can then unpack it into the root of the target filesystem anytime you want.