Hi Xabier,

On Sun, 18 Apr 2021 19:20:22 +0200
Xabier Oneca  --  xOneca <xon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This patch adds a more modern-looking interface using ncurses. The
> implementation does not depend on lxdialog, which is currently distributed
> with
> Busybox.
>
> The code is borrowed from the Linux kernel source tree, and tweaked to fit
> and work with Busybox's build system. The revision I arbitrarily selected to
> integrate is from 2010-08-16:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/scripts/kconfig?id=a72f3e2b82eb26f43bed1f83beeeb47830918811
>
> I did not use a more modern revision, because upstream has diverged too much
> be integrated without heavy modifications to other frontends.
>
> I really miss this interface, as I am really accustomed to use it in
> other projects (eg, Buildroot and Linux kernel).
> I tested that menuconfig and gconfig still work as expected, but could
> not make xconfig to find my Qt libraries,
> so it is not tested for broken things.

The usual way to update out kconfig was to pull the upstream version
from the kernel, refresh our patch (if we had one) and commit
both. We usually picked the current stable kernel version and mentioned
that version in the commit message for future reference and updates.

Usually we upstreamed eventual fixes or improvement to Sam resp. the
kernel kconfig which were not busybox specific as to minimize local
patches.

I think such a refresh is overdue. Hence if anybody is willing to
carefully refresh, that'd be awesome. I assume this would automagically
pull in nconfig support, too.

TIA,